We’re searching for an exceptional and experienced naturopath to join our well established and still expanding clinic.
About the role
The role would be ideal for someone looking for a long term role with the opportunity to practice for a clinic with a diverse clientele – without the stress of running your own practice.
The role – starting asap – is initially 2 days per week with the opportunity to move to 3-4 days in the coming months.
Working Saturdays will be preferred initially with the view of ultimately Rotating Saturdays. Saturday is a busy day at the clinic allowing clients who work during the week to come and receive our care.
We’re based in Sutherland. Right at Sutherland train station.
We are a small team, which includes receptionist support allowing you to focus on your patient care.
Our clinic has been running for more than 30 years, and many of our patients are three to four generations. We see all kinds of clients with a diverse range of health problems from hormone imbalances, gut concerns, food intolerances, immune challenges, fertility, stress and much more!
The clinic utilises old school principals of supporting the client wholistically coupled with modern remedy knowledge and where beneficial the use of pathology. We utilise dietary guidance, lifestyle enhancements, nutritional medicine, herbal medicine, homeopathic, flower remedies and intuition. Evidence-based functional assessment labs also at times to assist in identifying underlying causes of patients’ conditions in order to tailor treatment plans to the individual with effectiveness and accuracy.
As a naturopath, you’re at the stage in your career where you:
- Want to focus on supporting our clinic’s patients
- Welcome building up to being a busy practitioner
- Want to have the support of an intimate, close-knit, team, Knowing that you can discuss difficult cases with the highly experienced principal practitioner and other members of the naturopathic team.
- Focus the appropriate amount of time on the patient experience and providing a personalized service to the patients that only a small caring clinic can provide.
- Take care of all aspects of your patients health ensuring your patients receive an excellent level of care and support throughout their entire health journey.
- Like the idea of having a more experienced practitioner at the clinic to bounce your ideas off and get mentoring, from time to time.
- Want to use naturopathy to it’s fullest extent supporting the patients mind body and spirit. You are not restricted by functional testing, strict protocols, and you really want to fully use your skillset, and feel supported to retain and fully look after your patients.
As this is a long term role we would like you to be keen to work in a clinic and make it your ‘home’. This is a clinic where you’ll really develop a local, family base, so we want to ensure you are in it for the long run as that’s what our patient really want too :).
You will be supported for success. We do reviews based on your ability to retain your clients and grow the patients you are supporting. As you grow and look after the patients, we want you to be looked after too!
As we have a high expectation that our practitioners keep up to speed with the latest clinical approaches and the natural products that are available for us to use, you have the time in your life to develop your skills, take the time to do seminars and webinars and provide an exceptional level of care and customer service for our patients.
You will present professionally, be well groomed, be looking for a team environment, be willing to follow our tried and trusted techniques for success and love the idea of handling new enquiries and new patients as well as keeping and supporting your existing clientele.
Skills and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in naturopathic medicine or equivalent to enable future health fund claiming.
- Insurance and association membership
- Health fund status for when health fund rebates return.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience is preferred, (we will accept less experience if we can see that you are very good at your craft)
- Empathetic, relational approach to providing patient care
- Passion and drive to build clientele and carry patients throughout their whole treatment process.
- Other modalities such as Iridology, flower remedies, homeopathy etc advantageous.
- Ability to interpret pathology results
- A strong knowledge of herbal medicine and nutritional supplementation.
- Demonstrable knowledge prescribing herbal formulas
- Confident computer and IT skills
- Happy to work as a member of our team and happy to learn new ways to succeed.
This is an ongoing sub-contractor role with a great remuneration package.
Please include a cover letter in your application telling us a little about you, why this role piqued your interest and why you’re the one we’re looking for!